Membership Terms & Conditions
Updated from Sapphire Coast Business Networking to Local Business Connections 20.01.19
Welcome to Local Business Connections (LBconnections), where we are committed to facilitating events that bring people together to inspire them to build healthy relationships, so that we can develop a community of passionate, connected and informed business leaders.
We are here to serve you. We invite you to join our programs, our volunteers, and the caring spirit of our wonderful group, as we help to make our community a healthier and happier place to work and live.
Please don’t hesitate to call if you have additional needs or if we can be of assistance in any way.
Welcome to the Local Business Connections Team!
Julie Novotny Director
0429 970 150
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
At LBconnections we are committed to transparency. We wish to ensure that as a member, you are fully aware of the terms and conditions of the membership options.
LBconnections includes (“LBconnections”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”). These Terms and Conditions constitute a legal document that is an agreement between you and LBconnections. By acquiring membership and by accessing and using the LBconnections website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1.1. As a FREE member you will be entitled to the following:
FREE basic listing in our on-line directory is available to any business in the Bega Valley Shire NSW
BENEFITS OF A BUSINESS LISTING:
- Amplify Your Online Presence …
- Improve Your LOCAL Visibility …
- Get Discovered More …
- Low Cost …
Basic Listing Options:
Business Name listed under the Relative Business Directory
Basic contact details including: Address, Phone & Website/Social Media details
1.2. As a LINKED member you will be entitled to the following:
Added links to your website, social media & additional contact details available
MORE BENEFITS OF A BUSINESS LISTING:
- Strengthen Your Business Reputation …
- Increase Brand Awareness …
- Boost Your SEO …
- Show Up on Google …
- Cost effective advertising …
FEATURED LISTING OPTIONS:
FEATURED Community Business Directory listing:
Name, Address, Phone number and a link to your website and or FB /Instagram page
Direct Link to your email, website or Social Media page/s
$25 per year
1.3. As a Connect member you will be entitled to the following:
CONNECT with like-minded business owners through events, sharing of information and opportunities to learn and develop your business skills. Regular newsletters keep you CONNECTed with what’s going on in the Sapphire Coast region.
- Increase your Online Presence
- List your business in our Online business Directory
- Browse our directory for find a local professional near you
- Build a reputation and create valuable connections with like-minded businesses and potential clients
- An introductory email to establish your immediate business needs so that we can offer events that support you
- Stay informed through our regular member’s newsletters
- Attend our regular FREE networking events and let people get to know you face to face
- Connect you to a knowledge base to grow your business or career and receive regular articles and resources
PROMOTE Your Business
- 1/4 page Business Advert with all contact details & links (No Images) in our Local Business Directory
- FREE event listing on our Events’ Calendar with LBConnections / Bega Valley (Design stage at the moment)
- Additional listing on our LBConnections ‘Member’s page‘
CONNECT Membership Annual Fee:
$45 per year
1.4 As a COLABORATE Member you will be entitled to the following:
‘COLLABORATION’ enables individuals to work together to a common purpose to achieve a defined and common business purpose.
COLLABORATE members are passionate, looking to share and leverage their expertise and knowledge and are looking for innovative ways to lead sustainable businesses, collectively growing our business community. PROMOTE your business and CONNECT with other great entrepreneurial business owners.
- Present at a Networking event and share your skills & knowledge (Optional)
- Engage with potential clients by creating special offers for ‘MEMBERS’ promoted on our website, Social Media pages & emails
- Participate in and receive our LBconnections Membership Discount – ‘Shop Local’ Card (coming soon)
- Discounted Access to exclusive COLLABORATION events and workshops
- Access to exclusive member’s discount offers
- 1/2 page Business Advert with all contact details, links & a full colour image banner
- FREE business advert on our Colaborate Member’s Page
- Promote your special offer or event for FREE via our Website, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram Business pages
- New Member introduction via our Monday Morning NEWS email, Website, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram Business pages
$95 annual payment
1.5 As a PROMOTE Member you will be entitled to the following:
PROMOTE your business to achieve your business goals. Get access to our CONNECT and COLLABORATE benefits, along with exclusive opportunities to PROMOTE your goods and services, events, business and provide special offers to our members.
PROMOTE your expertise
For those businesses that want to PROMOTE their business knowledge & skills with other businesses
- Designed to bring together a unique group of business leaders
- Providing members with a unique opportunity to access
- support and ideas
- PROMOTE Opportunity – provide a ‘TASTER’ presentation (2hr) or a mini workshop (4hr) and COLLABORATE with potential clients by sharing your skills and knowledge
Take the lead:
- We will help you how to establish yourself as the go to person in your field and show case your skills & knowledge
- Be profiled in our monthly newsletter once a year
- Showcase your Brand or expertise by submitting articles and blogs through our website & main FB page
- 1 page Business Advert. with a number of photos and extra links to your website
- Free advertising in our weekly Monday Morning NEWS email (Limited to once a month)
- Market your business with the exclusive opportunity to include promotional material in our welcome packs (conditions apply)
Annual Discounted Offer
(includes 1 mth free membership)
$275 annual payment
12 monthly payments of $25
Duration of Membership
All memberships are twelve (12) month term contracts. It is the responsibility of the member to be aware of the full duration of their contract.
Payment for Membership
3.1. Payment will be processed using the Payment Method set out on the website or advised by LBconnections. All amounts are stated in Australian dollars and include Australian GST (where applicable). LBconnections adheres to the specific terms and conditions of the Payment Method provider. For further details, please contact the LBconnectionsDirector.
3.2. Payment may be paid in one full annual payment or twelve (12) monthly payments. Membership Fees are non-refundable and run from the date of payment for a period of twelve (12) months.
3.3 Members who opt to pay by monthly instalments shall forfeit their rights to all relevant membership benefits and their membership shall lapse should any instalment payment be outstanding for fourteen days (14) after the due date.
3.4 Membership prices will be reviewed annually. The pricing structure, payment methods and these Terms may be amended from time to time at the discretion of LBconnections.
4.1. An email from LBconnectionswill be sent 30 days prior to your membership expiring.
4.2. If you do not choose to renew, your membership will be cancelled.
Refunds and Exchanges
5.1. The Membership fee is not refundable and non-transferable.
5.2. If circumstances happen to change you will need to contact the LBconnectionsDirector to present your case. Each refund will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
5.3. Membership cannot be transferred to another person.
Cancellation of Membership
6.1. To terminate your membership you must fill out our cancellation form. To access cancellation form, please contact the LBconnectionsDirector.
6.2. It is with the discretion of the Director to assess and confirm the cancellation.
6.3. If you choose to cancel your membership, you will need to pay any outstanding invoices/payments on your membership in full.
6.4. As a condition of cancellation, you will be asked to complete an exit survey so we can endeavour to provide an improved membership experience for future members.
6.5. Cancellation of membership means you will lose all membership entitlements including but not limited to your listing from the business directory will be removed; your details will be removed from the membership newsletter database; you will no longer receive member specific promotions and deals.
Promotions, Products and Discounts
7.1. From time to time we may release promotional vouchers or discounts that may be redeemed for a short period of time. The voucher or discount can only be redeemed for one time only. Normal membership fees will continue thereafter.
7.2. Promotions and discounts are only applicable for annual memberships that are paid in full and are not in conjunction with the quarterly payment membership option.
7.3. Promotions, campaigns, products and discounts are limited to one per customer and are subject to change and/or while stocks last.
7.4. Promotions are valid for the specified period stated only, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
7.5. Promotional products/gifts cannot be refunded or exchanged, nor can it be redeemed for cash.
8.1. Ticket prices are subject to change and LBconnections is not under any obligation to continue with past event prices.
8.2. Members must pay the ticket price for an event and any applicable GST to attend the event.
8.3. Member priced tickets are for current members ONLY. This excludes members with outstanding payments on their accounts.
8.4. If an event is cancelled or postponed by LBconnections we allow members to credit the ticket price towards another event, or obtain a full refund of the ticket price.
8.5. Tickets can be transferable to other members only.
8.6. SCBN uses the event platform of our choice to sell tickets. At present we utilise Event Expresso to sell tickets for events. As such we comply with their terms and conditions. Please refer to their website for further information. https://eventespresso.com/support/terms-conditions/
Waiver Release and Indemnification
9.1 In consideration of the acceptance of my membership or participation in events with LBconnections:
9.1.1 I waive all claims that I may have against the LBconnections, its officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, agents and sponsors, or its executors, administrators, heirs, successors or assigns (the organisers), and release them from all claims for death, injury or damage arising out of my participation in their club, their event and its related activities, together with any costs, including legal fees.
9.1.2 I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the organisers against damage arising out of my participation in the events and its related activities.
9.1.3 I agree to comply with all the rules, regulations and instructions of the organisers.
9.1.4 In the event of injury or illness during participation, I consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable by the organisers.
9.1.5 I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and equipment during the all events and activities.
9.1.6 I hereby permit the free use of my name and picture in any broadcasts, telecasts and the press including website as they pertain to the LBconnections, its events and activities.
9.1.7 I understand that my membership or event entry fee is non- transferable and not refundable.
9.1.8 I agree to have my personal details recorded and used by the LBconnections and related parties for further communications of future related events.
Members must notify LBconnections of any changes to personal information, including home address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers. You must ensure that all details provided are true and accurate. LBconnections will not be held responsible if you do not receive member information and/or promotional/sponsor information if your personal information is not correct.
Disclosure of Personal Information
During member campaigns and sponsored deals we will provide your personal information to third parties only when you have consented to such disclosure e.g. giving consent to receive information. We also provide your personal information to our associated customer relationship management systems in order to carry out our business activities and functions. This may include:
- CRM and database systems that we engage with to perform business functions on our behalf, such as processing credit card information, mailing information or prizes, and tickets for events;
- Organisations that are sponsoring or otherwise involved with or participating in a promotion, offer or competition.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
LBconnections use a number of social media platforms as a service to communicate with our members and the general public. Social media platforms include, but not limited to; Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and Pinterest. Some social media accounts are open to the public and others are closed groups for the use of LBconnections members only.
In accessing and using our social media pages you agree to the terms and conditions associated with the relevant social media channels, as well as agreeing to not submit any content which consists of or contains any of the following:
- Explicit, obscene, indecent or offensive language or abusive or inflammatory comments
- Personal attacks on LBconnections employees, members or the brand itself
- Business information, spam, notices about contests or competitions run by others, advertising or offers to sell or buy any goods or services
- Any material which defames, abuses, harasses, stalks, threatens, discriminates against or otherwise violates the legal rights of others
- Information that is, misleading or unlawful
- Any virus, Trojan or similar or anything else which is designed to incapacitate our page or breach our security
- Excessively large files or multiple or repeat posts of the same or similar material
- Posts that are unrelated to the LBconnections
Content on Social Media Pages
At LBconnections we encourage our online communities to share information, comment on content that we post and communicate with other members/users. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of content that is not posted by us.
LBconnections wishes to create open, respectful communication within our social media profiles.
LBconnections permits members to share and comment on content that posted to our official social media profiles, provided that it is not altered and that you cite LBconnections as the source. Please be aware that the design of these profiles and content that we post on them is the copyright of the LBconnections and our rights are reserved. All logos and designs used on our official social media profiles are the intellectual property of the LBconnections.
Some of our posts may include hyperlinks to third party pages for your convenience. We are not responsible for the content posted on third party pages or the accuracy of content and information on linked pages.
Owner/Director, Local Business Connections
Connecting & Promoting LOCAL Businesses for better COLLABORATION